Remaining updated is the foremost thing in the 21st century. When the process stops in our PCs saying that Windows Update Service not running. You need to panic as remaining updated also means remaining secure.
You don’t need to waste time over this little issue as we have a comprehensive solution for you to fix Windows Update Service not running on Windows 7 or 8. The error exactly says ” Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running “. So let’s get started on our guide on how to fix Windows Update Service not running issue.
Solutions to Why is Windows Update Service Not Running
1. Update Drivers
Updating Device drivers can help you fix Windows Update Service not running issue. There is a possibility that your device has not been updated and Windows is encountering difficulty and eventually producing an error in updating it.
A built-in help is provided by windows to identify and fix problems you encounter using Windows 10. It comes in handy when an unexpected error arrives.
To open Troubleshooter:
- You need to type “troubleshoot” in start and troubleshooting will appear in your search results.
- Under System and Security, you need to click on “Fix Problems with Windows Update”
- You will be asked to carry on with a certain instruction that you need to follow
- After this, run the Windows Update.
Check for any malicious activity or software in your PC that is causing the Windows Update Service not running issue. To do this you can run a Malicious Software Tool, or scan your PC with Windows Defender. A good anti-virus and a PC cleaner can help you stay away from such problems.
4. Install KB3102810 Update
To fix Windows Update Service not running issue, you need to install KB3102810 stand-alone security update in your PC. This method is to fix Windows 7 Update Service not running issue.
- Download and Install by clicking below buttons
- Restart Your PC
- Stop the current ongoing process of Windows Update.
- Type services.msc in the dialog box opened after pressing Window key + R
- Scroll to Windows Update Service, Right click and click stop.
- Delete the Software Distribution Folder
- Go to My Computer / My PC
- Navigate to C:Windows
- Delete the software distribution folder
- Restart your PC again and let it now check for updates for at least 45 minutes.