Volume Serial Number Editor is an Software with a pretty self-explanatory name, providing you with a simple and fast method of modifying the serial number of your disk drives.
Features of Volume Serial Number Editor
Change the ID without formatting the drive
• The volume serial number is an automatically generated sequence of 8 hexadecimal characters (from 0 to 9 and A to F), assigned by the operating system to a disk or tape volume each time a partition is formatted. It is also used during the Windows installation process, in order to identify the target partition and prevent you from moving the setup files to another drive.
• Volume Serial Number Editor is capable of changing the volume ID instantly, without having to reformat the disk drive. It works with FAT, FAT32 and NTFS file systems and is compatible with USB drives.
It’s a good idea to create a system restore point first
• The main interface is simple and does not provide many options. The application analyzes the selected drive and automatically displays its volume ID, enabling you to save it to a TXT file on your computer, for later reference, which comes in handy if any disk recognition problem occurs.
• In order to prevent data loss, you are advised to backup the files and folders on the target drive and shut down any running applications prior to using Volume Serial Number Editor. Usage is pretty straightforward, since you just have to select the target drive, enter the new serial number and press the ‘Change’ button. A system reboot is mandatory for the changes to take effect.
• After restart, you can check that the volume ID is changed by simply choosing the drive letter in the main window of Volume Serial Number Editor.
• Instantly change the volume serial number of any disk drive
• Easily backup your current volumer serial number before making any changes
• New! Modify exFAT disk drive volume serial number
• Supports NTFS, FAT, FAT32 and exFAT file systems
• Removable media support
• Auto Update tool automatically downloads and installs new versions of Volume Serial Number Editor
• Free lifetime upgrades and support
Developer: KRyLack Software
File Size: 3 MB
– Works on Windows XP, 2003 Server, Vista, 2008 Server, 2012 Server, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (x86 and x64 editions)
* New! Change volume serial number on exFAT file system drives!
* The next versions will have much more useful features, of course.
Volume Serial Number Editor Free Download
Click on below button to start Volume Serial Number Editor Free Download. This is complete offline installer and standalone setup for Volume Serial Number Editor. This would be compatible with both 32 bit and 64 bit windows.