Postbox is a powerful application that aims to provide you with all the tools for keeping in touch with your friends and business partners. It can handle multiple email accounts and allows you to subscribe to RSS feeds in order to read the latest news.
Well-organized and pretty familiar interface
• The program is based on the popular Mozilla Thunderbird email client and its interface features the popular accounts, folders and messages panels for easy access. The message pane allows you to view the content of the current email which can also be opened in a new tab.
Setup your account and group or label messages
• Configuring the email accounts enables the user to only enter the email address and the password. The wizard automatically searches for the server configurations in the database and fills in the rest of the details if they are available which allows Gmail or Yahoo! users to add a new account in a matter of seconds.
• The Gmail integration allows you to organize your messages with labels and to navigate through the messages by using native Gmail shortcuts. You can also use the conversation view in order to group the messages when you need to follow a certain discussion.
Browse attachments, subscribe to RSS feeds and filter news
• With the email indexing feature the program helps you browse the email attachments and images related with the messages from a folder. You just need to switch to the attachments view, select the files and save them to your computer.
• You can also use the application to subscribe to RSS feeds or to import your subscriptions from other programs such as Thunderbird. As the email messages, the news articles can be filtered by using advanced rules in order to display the items that you need to read.
A final assessment
• In our tests, the program had little impact on the computer’s performance even though it uses a significant part of the system memory.
• Overall, Postbox is a useful email management tool which integrates multiple Gmail features and can be further improved by adding extensions. However, if you are not an exclusive Gmail user you are sure to find other solutions.
Features of Postbox Full
Powerful Message Search:
Postbox makes it easy to search for almost anything across all of your email accounts. Use the Search Panel to quickly search by message criteria, or for the power user, use search operators such “from:Mary” or “subject:vacation” directly within the search box. Postbox even understands search terms such as such as “after last Monday” or “before June 2008.” And if you want to find a specific word or a phrase, there’s a Text Preview mode that helps you zero in on exactly what you’re looking for.
Use Postbox’s Search Tabs to instantly find attachments, images, links, and contacts – without having to dig through messages to find what you need. The Action Bar at the bottom of each search tab let’s you do useful things from your searches, like create a new message from a document you’ve found.
Get fast access to your email content when you need it most – writing messages. A handy Compose Sidebar let’s you find attachments, images, and links directly within a new message window, which makes it easy to do things like resend project documents or incriminating photos from the company party. No more saving to the desktop, moving windows around, or other tedious actions that take up valuable time.
Postbox looks for interesting content within each message, then highlights what it finds in the Inspector Pane. It’s like a discovery engine built right into email. And if you’re looking at an entire conversation, Postbox summarizes everything that that has been shared so far – all in one place.
The inline Contacts Panel provides fast access to address book data and a palette of useful searches and actions. Use the Contacts Panel to send an email, dial a phone number, initiate an IM chat, or lookup an address. You can even search for recent messages, attachments, images, or links from any contact, anytime.
Simplified Folder Views:
Postbox lets you slice and dice your account and folder views in ways that reduce clutter and simplify your life. When you select an account, only the most relevant folders are displayed, which helps to minimize distractions from activity in other accounts. And since the location of your common folders is always preserved, it makes switching from one inbox to another a breeze.
Tabbed Mail Browsing:
Like a Web browser, Postbox let’s you view your message content in tabs – enabling you to create an efficient workspace for everything you’re working on. Open almost anything in a tab, including messages, folders, searches, or content such as attachments and images. You can quickly switch between tabs, or even reorder tabs to customize your view.
Postbox Download Full for PC