MOBILedit Forensic Express is a phone extractor, data analyzer and report generator in one solution. A powerful application using both the physical and logical data acquisition methods, Forensic Express is excellent for its advanced application analyzer, deleted data recovery, wide range of supported phones including most feature phones, fine-tuned reports, concurrent phone processing, and easy-to-use user interface. With the password and PIN breaker you can gain access to locked ADB or iTunes backups with GPU acceleration and multi-threaded operations for maximum speed.
Features of MOBILedit Forensic Express
• Physical data acquisition and analysis
• Advanced application analysis
• Retrieve deleted data
• Beautiful reports
• Password and PIN Breakers
• Concurrent extractions
• Easy to use UI
• Camera Ballistics
Physical data acquisition and analysis
• In addition to advanced logical extraction we also provide Android physical data acquisition, allowing you to extract physical images of investigated phones and have exact binary clones. Physical analysis allows you to open image files created by this process, or those obtained through JTAG, chip-off or other tools to recover deleted files plus all other deleted data where our product is known to be excellent.
Advanced application analysis
• The use of apps to communicate and share has grown rapidly. Many apps are released or updated everyday. It is obvious that the analysis of apps is vital to retrieving as much evidence as possible. This is the strongest point of MOBILedit Forensic Express, we dedicate a large part of our team specifically for application analysis. We employ adaptive and in-depth methods to ensure you retrieve the most data available for each app- especially recovering deleted data. Data is analyzed for its meaning so you see it on a timeline as a note, a photo, a video or a flow of messages no matter what app was used to send them. Check list of apps for Android and list of apps for iOS.
Deleted data recovery
• Deleted data is almost always the most valuable information in a device. It often hides in applications; and because this is our strongest expertise, we deliver great results in finding deleted data. Our special algorithms look deeply through databases, their invalidated pages and within caches to find any data that still resides in a phone. MOBILedit Forensic Express retrieves the deleted data and presents it clearly in a special section of the report.
• A tremendous amount of effort has been dedicated to refining reports so they are customizable, easy to read, concise and professional. An enhanced report configurator allows you to define exactly which data will be extracted from the phone and how the report will look. Each report is divided into sections, labeled with icons, pictures, and highlighted relevant data so you can find evidence quickly. A complete, configurable and comprehensive list of all events with a time-stamp is shown on a timeline and messages can be filtered by conversation or by contact names.
Password breaker with GPU acceleration
• Gain access to locked backups of a phone by using our password and PIN breaker. Passwords can be cracked by performing a dictionary attack using our built-in dictionary, or you can use your own dictionary for other languages. Password breaker uses GPU acceleration and multi-threaded operations for maximum speed. Although iOS has well-protected data due to its on-the-fly hardware encryption, MOBILedit Forensic Express is able to penetrate this protection and retrieve the data using the lockdown method.
Concurrent extractions and new 64-bit engine
• The new 64-bit engine provides stability and the ability to analyze huge amounts of data, apps with hundreds of thousands of messages, photos and other items, plus several phones at once. Speed up your investigation process by extracting multiple phones at the same time, and generating multiple outputs for each one. All you need is a USB hub, cables and a computer powerful enough to perform concurrent jobs. You can finish a week’s worth of work overnight!
Easy to use UI
• Having the right tool is not enough, you need the right staff to work with it. The shorter the learning curve the better. Because we have designed software for millions of consumers, it was a welcome challenge for us to make MOBILedit Forensic Express the most user-friendly forensic tool available. With a straightforward interface, each step is simple and guided with clear instruction. It is also optimized for touch screens allowing for easy use in the field.
Camera Ballistics – scientific image analysis
• When combined with Camera Ballistics you are able to identify which images present on the analyzed phone were actually taken by the phone’s camera using a sensor fingerprint. This process delivers new insight into the images such as make, model, GPS, camera settings, mean square error, fingerprint presence result, probability, and correlation will be organized into a well designed and comprehensive PDF report suitable for submission as evidence.
Huge number of supported phones
• Since 1996 we have supported an extremely wide range of phones manufactured over two decades. The software supports thousands of handsets including popular operating systems such as iOS, Android , Blackberry, Windows Phone, Windows Mobile, Bada, Symbian, Meego, Mediatek, Chinese phones, and CDMA phones. The software can handle many feature phones without an OS. (This includes older models from as far back as 1996, when development began and was the first of its kind in the world. )
Integrate with other tools
• We all know that it is a good practice to use multiple tools in a lab. We’ve designed our software with the ability to integrate with other forensic tools. Import and analyze data files exported from Cellebrite UFED and Oxygen reports to get even more data. Export all data to UFED, so you can use the UFED Viewer or Analytics for further processing to move your investigation forward.
• MOBILedit Forensic Express extracts all data from phones also into open data format, so you get all the files directly as they are in the phone. This allows you to use other tools, including open source tools, to further analyze data and get even more evidence.
Message analysis and timeline
• MOBILedit Forensic Express collects both standard and deleted message information sent by phone and displays it as a timeline. See all message information including who sent message text, what messenger program they used, and any attached media files.
Filter your results to find data faster
• Get exactly what you are looking for by filtering extracted data by keyword, specific contacts, time, application or file name. Apply these filters to different data types and radically minimize the report size.
Live view data
• This new feature allows you to live view content of a phone so you can browse and extract any file even before the batch extraction begins.
Bypass the passcode on iOS using the lockdown files method
• Although iOS has well-protected data due to hardware encrypted on-the-fly, MOBILedit Forensic Express is able to go through this protection and retrieve the data. It supports importing the lockdown files that can be found on a suspect’s computer. These files are generated when you connect an iOS device to a PC and authorize the computer by typing the passcode. MOBILedit Forensic will instruct you on how to obtain these files. If you import the lockdown files to the computer where you make the acquisition, then you will be able to retrieve all data from the phone even if it is locked with a passcode.
Bypass the PIN code with an SIM Cloning Tool
• This feature removes the requirement of a PIN for the original SIM card of the phone being investigated. It also removes the need for obsolete and unreliable Faraday bags. Now you can clone SIM cards, create new SIM cards with any ICCID, or just format your SIM card to renew for next use.
Developer: Home Page
OS: Windows x64