Squirrels AirParrot is a simple to use tool that allows you to connect your computer to a TV and wirelessly stream content to it.
Just like with AirPlay, you get to use Apple TV and view movies, photos, listen to music and much more. It all comes down to what you have on your computer and want to share. If you’re not looking to share anything but rather work on a bigger screen, then luckily for you, AirParrot is also capable of mirroring you computer screen. Moreover you can also set the TV to be an extended desktop.
it’s easy to install and requires no configuration of whatsoever, you simply run the installer and follow the simple instructions. After it is complete, AirParrot automatically recognizes your Apple TV using it’s built-in AirPlay feature.
The application resides in the system tray and can be accessed from there. It’s a three click process that takes you a couple of seconds, meaning that it’s a great solution for on the fly situations.
As far as quality is concerned, AirParrot is capable of delivering 1080p HD streaming with the newest generation of Apple TV devices. Once you connect to a TV, you don’t have to use the same one from that point on. You can choose to mirror any device that is recognized by the application.
Since video isn’t the single most important feature when it comes to streaming, with this you also get stereo audio output. This, along with the fact that you can use the TV as an extension for your desktop makes AirParrot a valid choice for when you need to run a business presentation on a larger screen.
In closing, AirParrot is by all means a very practical and efficient tool if you’re looking to enhance the way you use your computer.
Features of AirParrot
• Stream media files to supported destinations.
• Connect to any number of receivers at the same time.
• Connect to receivers by Quick Connect Code™ instead of searching a list.
• Stream lossless audio without video to devices.
• Recently-used receivers appear at the top for quick reconnecting.
• Temporarily pause mirroring without disconnecting.
• Enjoy surround sound with streaming videos when available.
• Play any media file. We’ll do the heavy lifting.
Developer: Home Page