AdwCleaner – Getting rid of annoying toolbars, browser add-ons installed with or without one’s consent as well as eradicating adware or hijackers from a system can be a daunting job, especially if the appropriate tools are not at hand.
Features of AdwCleaner Final Version
The advantages of being portable
• The program doesn’t need installation and can be deployed from any storage device, most suitable for portable usage. Plus, it doesn’t leave any traces in the Windows registry.
Scan options, reports and deletion operations
• As soon as it is started, AdwCleaner immediately finds all traces of unwanted components or remnants of former installations that should be cleaned.
• The results are presented in a text document so you can view in detail which files and registry keys have been detected and proposed for deletion. Pressing the ‘Delete’ button will start the removal process which will end with a system restart.
Close all running utilities and restart the computer to complete the process
• An important note that should be seriously taken into consideration is that AdwCleaner needs all the running applications to be closed, so its highly advisable to save your work before using it. Also, the reboot that marks the end of the cleaning procedure cannot be delayed.
• A neat feature of this software tool is that it can ‘uninstall’ itself with a single mouse click. There’s a dedicated button which, when pressed, will instantly delete the application from the drive it is stored on.
Clean your system from ads and malicious toolbars
• AdwCleaner targets a wide variety of undesirable programs (PUP/LPI), can fend off advertisements and reverse the effects of hijacking malware which might have taken over your browser’s homepage. Another example of usage, perhaps the most common for this particular software app, is browser toolbar removal.
overall efficient removal tool
• All things considered, AdwCleaner does a great job and if you ever find yourself in the situation where you need to urgently get rid of ads, toolbars and similar unwanted components, make sure you give this tool a try.
* Update translations
* Update generic detections
* Improve Chrome preferences cleaning
* Update to libsodium 1.0.14 – https://github.com/jedisct1/libsodium/releases/tag/1.0.14
* Database 2017.09.27.1