7-Zip 18 is an open source file archiver with the high compression ratio predominantly for the Microsoft Windows operating system. It operates either as a command line program or with a graphical user interface. It also features integration with the Windows shell environment. 7-Zip is free software, developed by Igor Pavlov and distributed under the GNU LGPL license. For ZIP and GZIP formats, “7 Zip” provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip.
Features of 7-Zip Free
• High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
• Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
• Self-extracting capability for 7z format
• Integration with Windows Shell
• Powerful File Manager
• Powerful command line version
• Plugin for FAR Manager
• Localizations for 74 languages
• Supported formats:
– Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
– Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS
Developer: Home Page
– 7-Zip now can unpack DMG archives that use LZFSE compression method.
– 7-Zip now doesn’t allow update operation for archives that have read-only attribute.
– The BUG was fixed:
extracting from tar with -si switch didn’t set timestamps for directories.
– Some bugs were fixed.
Download 7-Zip Final Version for PC
This Post Was Last Updated On: January 30, 2018 By Author: KaranPC Site: karanpc dot com